Daði Freyr, who will represent Iceland in Eurovision this year, needs a choir for the song he will be performing for the contest. To that end, you can be a member of that choir.
Daði took to Twitter to make the announcement. In the video, he explains that while he wants a choir for the song, he has no access to a choir, and that’s where fans come in.
In a Google Drive folder, one can access a collection of sound files for reference, as well as the following guidelines:
Daði & Gagnamagnið Choir Guidelines.
1. Please name the audio files with the corresponding number from the examples.
2. Please make the audio file start from the same spot as in the examples.
3. Please minimise background noise when recording your vocal.
4. You can do 1,2,3,4,5,6 or all 7 of the voices. But keep them in separate files please.
5. Please send the audio files to email@example.com
6. Please have fun.
7. The lyrics are “Finds a new way to grow”
The deadline for your vocal entry is January 11th, so you better start recording soon.
Daði Freyr has become quite the online sensation, garnering attention from Hot Chip, Time magazine, Jennifer Garner, and conspiracy theorists.
This could be the year that Iceland finally wins Eurovision. If your submitted vocal file gets used in Daði Freyr’s song, you can claim a part in helping us reach victory in the song contest.
Note: Due to the effect the Coronavirus is having on tourism in Iceland, it’s become increasingly difficult for the Grapevine to survive. If you enjoy our content and want to help the Grapevine’s journalists do things like eat and pay rent, please consider joining our High Five Club.
You can also check out our shop, loaded with books, apparel and other cool merch, that you can buy and have delivered right to your door.
Buy subscriptions, t-shirts and more from our shop right here!