A cat rescued from a house fire downtown received immediate CPR from paramedics, and is now recovering.
The fire broke out in the kitchen of a timber house on Urðarstígur in downtown Reykjavík today, Vísir reports, and firefighters were quick to arrive on the scene. While there was extensive damage to property, no humans were harmed in the blaze.
A cat, Hnoðri, suffered from extensive smoke inhalation, and was at first reported dead at the scene. However, the cat proved to have more than one life yet to live.
Further inspection of Hnoðri showed that there were still some signs of life. Alert paramedics on the scene immediately began life-saving procedures. The cat was given oxygen, as can be seen in this video, and was soon brought around. Hnoðri was then taken to Dr. Doolittle’s Veterinary Clinic, where he is reportedly doing well.
“He is fully recovering,” said veterinarian Svala Ögn Kristinsdóttir. “He’ll be with us, in an oxygen tent, and things are looking a lot better. He was unconscious when he got here, but now he’s in good shape.”
Hnoðri’s owner is encouraged to get in touch with the clinic.
Buy subscriptions, t-shirts and more from our shop right here!