Fancies is a Grapevine series where we highlight an individual with supreme style. Our latest subject is Countess Malaise (28), Reykjavík’s premier horror-rap-goth-bitch-goddess.
Countess Malaise is wearing:
- Chain from Harajuku Chains
- Gloves customised by me to feature the Countess Malaise logo
- To be honest this is an ugly-ass dress, but it kinda looked cute with everything else in the outfit
- Goth lil’ skirt, which in this case is paired with a belt to cinch in the waist
- Custom handbag made by my wifey and stylist Sofie, the creator of Puer Parasitus
- High-heeled boots from Queer POC-owned company SYRO that sells shoes for big foots like myself
Describe your style in 5 words (or more!): My style is chaotic. It’s dirty scene kid x dominatrix x DIY glamour x hand-me-downs x literal garbage from the streets.
Favourite stores in Reykjavík: Fatamarkaður Jörmundar—that lil’ crowded second-hand store in a basement somewhere in the middle of Laugavegur that this stylish old man runs on his own. It’s like a “gentlemen’s wear”-type store. There is a lot of quality stuff down there but navigating through the clothes is like re-enacting an episode of ‘Hoarders’.
Favourite piece: My sweatsuit from SOTO. I would have worn it today but it’s too hot out.
Something I would never wear: Those stretchy tie-dye euro hippie pants. The ones with the extra long crotch situation, like past the knees. I can not get behind them… choices.
Lusting after: Stef Van Looveren’s dick/pussy/ass handbag.
Know someone with incredible aesthetics like Countess Malaise? E-mail us at email@example.com. Read more Fancies articles here and check out Countess Malaise’s new album ‘HYSTERÍA’ here. You can also read past Grapevine coverage on Countess Malaise here.
Note: Due to the effect the Coronavirus is having on tourism in Iceland, it’s become increasingly difficult for the Grapevine to survive. If you enjoy our content and want to help the Grapevine’s journalists do things like eat and pay rent, please consider joining our High Five Club.
You can also check out our shop, loaded with books, apparel and other cool merch, that you can buy and have delivered right to your door.
Buy subscriptions, t-shirts and more from our shop right here!