Fire At Kebab Grill! - The Reykjavik Grapevine

Fire At Kebab Grill!

Published August 11, 2014

Nanna Árnadóttir
Photos by
Wikimedia Commons

Reykjavík hangover institution, Kebab Grill, caught fire yesterday, reports Vísir.

Although emergency services were called to the scene, by the time the fire brigade and ambulance arrived the kebab shop’s employees had already put the fire out with a fire extinguisher.

According to the fire department the fire sprinkler system, which is meant to kick in automatically, failed to activate when a fire on the restaurant’s grill got out of control. 

As the fire had been put out, the fire department mostly worked on clearing the restaurant of smoke.

Kebab Grill was voted Best Kebab Joint in Reykjavík back in 2012.

To check out who won the title this year, read the Grapevine’s Best Of Dining and Grubbing.

Support The Reykjavík Grapevine!
Book your day tours in Iceland right here!

Go travel with Grapevine tried and recommended tours by Grapevine. Fund Grapevine journalism by booking with us.


Show Me More!