Dikta, an Icelandic verb meaning “to compose or make something up,” remains immersed in the same passionate and soulful atmosphere it was formed in, inspiring their melodic alternative mainstream sound. Their album, Hunting for Happiness, in 2005, expanding their European audience. Dikta filled every venue and played every festival in Iceland. Their powerful performance in front of a packed venue at Iceland Airwaves earned them a mention in Rolling Stone Magazine. Dikta opened up for The Kooks during their 2010 European tour before releasing their third album, Get it Together, through their recent union with German record label Smarten-Up/Rough Trade. Dikta released their fourth album in 2012 and followed it with an European tour and playing CMJ festival in New York City.
• Platinum and Gold sales for album Get it Together in Iceland.
• Dikta was featured in National Geographic’s series ISLANDS in 2012. The band is interviewed and performs their song Thank You in an acoustic version.
• People’s Choice Award for “Most Popular Artist” at the Icelandic Music Awards for two years running.
• 4 awards at the Icelandic Radio Listener’s Choice Awards in 2011.
• Dikta featured at Ray’s Reeperbahn Festival Revue, TV show, in Hamburg 2011.
November 2, 2013