Nature Most Memorable Part Of Visiting Iceland - The Reykjavik Grapevine

Nature Most Memorable Part Of Visiting Iceland

Published October 12, 2012

Most visitors to Iceland were happy with their experience, and the vast majority considered the country’s natural wonders more memorable than its restaurants and hotels.
According to a survey conducted by Market and Media Research for the Icelandic Tourist Board, 95% said their visit to Iceland met their expectations, and 85% believed it likely that they would visit again. The majority of those who visited did so as a part of a vacation, staying for an average of 6.6 nights. About one-fifth of respondents had come to Iceland before.
When it came to what tourists in Iceland found most memorable, the country’s natural wonders held sway.
The largest percentage, when asked what they found most memorable about their trip to Iceland, named the Blue Lagoon (35.2%). 19.6% named the food and restaurants, while 17.1% mentioned the people and accommodations. However, 27.7% said they found the natural world or the landscape the most memorable part of their trip. When combined with the 16.1% who named the northern lights, a total of 43.8% believed Iceland’s natural aspects to be what will remain in their memories for a long time to come.
Respondents were selected via emails that were gathered at Keflavík International Airport between September 1, 2011 and May 31, 2012. Of the 4,512 people contacted, 52.6% responded.

Support The Reykjavík Grapevine!
Book your day tours in Iceland right here!

Next:
Previous:


Go travel with Grapevine tried and recommended tours by Grapevine. Fund Grapevine journalism by booking with us.


Show Me More!