A man who sold a teenager sweets containing morphine and cannabis has been located by Suðurnes police, Morgunblaðið reports.
Two teenage girls, aged 13 and 14, fell unconscious and were hospitalised after eating gummy bears containing morphine and cannabis over the weekend. Both young women have now been discharged.
The girls do not appear to have known what was in the sweets before consuming them, they were given them by a teenage boy who had bought them from an older man.
Suðurnes Police Chief Olafur Helgi Kjartansson confirmed to Morgunblaðið that the man who sold the sweets has been located. It is unknown whether the man has been arrested or questioned. Olafur declined to comment further on the case.
Note: Due to the effect COVID-19 is having on tourism in Iceland, it’s become increasingly difficult for the Grapevine to survive. If you enjoy our content and want to help the Grapevine’s journalists do things like eat and pay rent, please consider joining our High Five Club.
Buy subscriptions, t-shirts and more from our shop right here!