The Multicultural Council of Reykjavík, an elected group of residents working in collaboration with the Human Rights Office of the City of Reykjavík and representing the interests of the city’s multicultural community, is hosting an open meeting with a selection of the political parties running in the parliamentary elections next month.
The open meeting, taking place Saturday 16 March at Iðno, will provide representatives of political parties the opportunity to respond to questions that have been posed to them by the Multicultural Council as well as respond to questions from those in attendance.
Confirmed attendees from the political parties are:
- Social Democratic Alliance: Björk Vilhelmsdóttir
- Independence Party: Kjartan Magnússon
- Progrssive Party: Karl Garðarsson
- Left-Green Movement: Rósa Björk Brynjólfsdóttir.
- Bright Future: Árni Múli Jónasson
- Pirate Party: Birgitta Jónsdóttir
- Right-Green Movement: Sigurjón Haraldsson
- Humanist Party: Methúsalem Þórisson and Júlíus Valdimarsson
- Dawn: Hólmsteinn Brekkan and Guðrún Dadda
Parliamentary elections are scheduled for 27 April. The open meeting begins at 13:00 and more information can be found online.
Buy subscriptions, t-shirts and more from our shop right here!