Music Hall Harpa Catches Fire - The Reykjavik Grapevine

Music Hall Harpa Catches Fire

Published June 28, 2010

Yesterday afternoon, the currently-under-construction music hall Harpa caught fire.
According to Vísir, witnesses claim to have seen black smoke rising from the building which lies along the harbour. All fire stations in the capital sent trucks to the scene; the fire brigade later confirming that there was a fire.
Just moments after witnesses noticed the disruption, the fire was quickly put out. The fire chief states that it originated in the building’s main lobby, and firemen are currently tearing down any damage caused as well as making sure there aren’t any small hidden fires.
The cause of the fire is still unclear.
Photo courtesy of Vísir

Support The Reykjavík Grapevine!
Book your day tours in Iceland right here!

Next:
Previous:


Go travel with Grapevine tried and recommended tours by Grapevine. Fund Grapevine journalism by booking with us.


Show Me More!