Crystal Antlers! Give us a short introduction of yourself! Why should we check out your show?
Crystal Antlers are a sextet from Long Beach, California, that has been living in a van and travelling around the US and Europe for the past year playing music. You should come to the show because it’s our first time ever in Iceland, and we may never make it back again. We’ve also been working on new music for the past month and Reykjavík is going to be the first place we play our new songs.
Next week, you will board a flight to Reykjavík. We assume you’ll be making an iPod playlist. Give us ten tracks you would put on it.
1) Brian Eno: Music For Airports – because it is perfectly designed to make you feel at ease while going through customs and waiting in lines.
2) The Beach Boys – Girl Don’t Tell Me
3) Daniel Johnston – Pothead
4) The Smiths – Some girls are bigger than others
5) Television – Friction
6) Greg Ashley – Room 33
7) Vincent Gallo – My Beautiful White Dog
8) Nico – These Days
9) Joy Division – Love Will Tear Us Apart
10) Johnny Thunders – You can’t put your arms around a memory
2-10 because they bittersweet songs that make me feel a little sad, and being sad helps me sit still while I am on a plane.
Do you plan on catching any shows at Airwaves? Who are you interested in seeing and why?
I want to see Micachu and The Shapes because they are great, and Dr. Spock because they have a cool name.
- When: Friday 00:10
- Where: Sódóma
Book your day tours in Iceland right here!
Posted October 16, 2009