The largest church in Iceland and the fourth tallest architectural
structure in Iceland, The church is named after the Icelandic poet and
clergyman Hallgrímur Pétursson (1614 to 1674), author of the Passion
Hymns. State Architect Guðjón Samúelsson’s design of the church was
commissioned in 1937 and holds a large pipe organ by the German
organbuilder Johannes Klais of Bonn.
Click on image to see bigger map!