1) Who are you? What can we expect from your Airwaves appearance, and what can we expect of you in general?
What am I? Einar Örn, the other half Ghostigital. Also kingpin of grapewire.net but also: Fit and really working again. Out of breath! A bit harder, wiser and out of pocket! Dirty dancing.
2) What are some of the acts you’ll want to see at this festival, and why?
Micachu and the Shapes – There is hope
Jungle Fiction – Young dudes
Captain Fufanu – The future absolutely
and eh, Ghostigital – Unavoidable.
3) Are there any acts missing from the bill that you’d like to see on there?
No not really, this is close to perfect. Every festival is perfect.
4) This year sees fewer ‘large’ international acts on the schedule. Do you believe this changes anything for the festival in general, and its spirit?
No I think it is wonderful that we don’t have larger acts, we now have only leaner and meaner acts!
5) Looking back, do you have a favourite edition of Iceland Airwaves? And if so, why?
There is no looking back, but every festival has had its flavour!
6) A lot of our readers are first time Airwaves-visitors. Do you have any tips for them? What to see, what to do, what to avoid, etc? Where to buy records? Or a good place to grab a bite or get away from it all for a while?
Basically step out, turn left, if you don’t find anything, go back and take the right. You will always find something.
7) Given that most Airwaves-visitors won’t have a lot of time in their schedule to see the Icelandic countryside, are there any nature-havens close by that you’d recommend?
Take the Krýsuvík circle via Grindavik. That will make your day.
8) Has a lot changed in the Icelandic music scene since Airwaves 2008? How about Airwaves 2004?
Pardon me? 2004, shit, that is a long time ago.
- When: Saturday, 21:40
- Where: Batteríið
Buy subscriptions, t-shirts and more from our shop right here!
Posted October 17, 2009