Airwaves 2015 is sold out.
Do not fret procrastinators and broke people (we believe the PC term is “economically challenged”). We, Your Friends At The Reykjavík Grapevine, have the last available ticket for you, FOR FREE.
All you need to do is find it.
We have hidden a coupon in downtown Reykjavík. If you find the coupon, you bring it in to the Grapevine Office and swap it for that last Airwaves Ticket. Simple, right?
Here’s how this treasure hunt works:
1. We have a word puzzle for you to solve (like hangman or wheel of fortune) that gives you the location of the hidden coupon. Privately message us the answer and we will give you the final hint to make finding it easy-peasy.
2. The coupon is in 101–actually to be precise, it’s in the square of the downtown-core you can see on the Grapevine City Map, which is available at guest houses, hotels and information centres.
3. The coupon is hidden and no one is holding on to it.
4. We will have certain tasks you can do on social media to get more hints. There will be three new tasks each day until it’s found, but in order to be involved you need to follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and SnapChat (see image below).
5. The winner will also receive a Grapevine T-Shirt or “mad swag” as the locals call it, which will be a good back-up shirt for all the crazy shenanigans you’ll be involved in at Airwaves 2015. WOOHOO.
Here is the word puzzle (Icelandic alphabet):
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ (8 letters)
_ _ (2 letters)
_ _ _ _ (4 letters) _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ (10 letters)
*Clue: Frozen in time, but always here. It’s something we’ve all had and half of us can give.*
That’s it. The location of the coupon, your FREE PASS to AIRWAVES 2015.
Posted November 3, 2015